So first I started with the crust and I made a Nilla Wafer Crust, which if I do say so myself tasted pretty good!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
My First Homemade Pie!!
So I finally got around to using one of the Christmas presents that I had gotten this past December. A PIE PAN!!! For the longest time (ever since I had gotten this pie pan I have wanted to make a pie!) Now was my chance to do so. I then decided that I was going to make this pie from scratch, the crust, the filling, the topping everything! (well everything that I thought was possible to make from scratch with the resources that I had.
So first I started with the crust and I made a Nilla Wafer Crust, which if I do say so myself tasted pretty good!
Next came the Filling. Which of course as you can tell was Chocolate pudding!
After the Pudding I decided that I needed a top for the whipped cream topping so I made Chocolate covered strawberries. After I finished with the strawberries I had some left over chocolate. So I poured that chocolate on top of the pudding. Needless to say it was pretty messy when I tried to cut and serve the pie. So for future pie makers, make sure to put the chocolate that can harden on the bottom so that way you can at least keep all of the pie together.
Well after all of the chocolate I decided that I needed whip cream, but knowing me I needed to have something else on top. So I put caramel on top and used a trick that I see on those cooking shows. The trick where they make those little designs on top with a knife or toothpick. Needless to say it turned out pretty good.
Next of course..... came the CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES!!! and that process tops off my whole pie experience. It was so much fun making that pie, that I will probably do it again.
The best part of the pie was all of the leftovers!! We had so many CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES left that they were basically pouring out of my ears! Well not literally of course that would be disgusting! but they did take up a lot of room in our fridge..... well that is they did until we ate them all. And let me tell you we thoroughly enjoyed all of them!!
And this is the end of my First Homemade pie! BUT it is not the end of my pie creations!!! I can't wait!!!
So first I started with the crust and I made a Nilla Wafer Crust, which if I do say so myself tasted pretty good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment