Monday, April 6, 2009

End Of The Winter Semester

I was once told that this was my season of a thousand opportunities, and you know what it really has been. So much has happened this Winter Semester, and it is crazy to think that it is coming to an end. I have had some wonderful roommates, whom I love. I came into contact with basically a "long lost friend", she was basically someone I had not talked to in about 6-8 months. And all in all it has just been a long, hard, funny, weird, interesting semester, and I am sad to see it end. This really has been a season/semester, with thousands of opportunities!

I have gone roller skating, with my roommates and a couple of my FHE (family home evening) brothers. It was a ton of fun. It was actually the first time I have gone roller SKATING. I grew up roller blading, but I have actually never been skating. It was fun.

My roommates and I saw a little bear cub at Walmart, of all places, Walmart would be the place that we would see it. I think they were on the way to Bear world, which is about 15 or 20 minutes from Walmart.

We had a sleepover party, in our LIVING ROOM! It was a ton of fun! We ate and played, and just had a good time. We also brought all of our mattresses into the living room and just slept in there. It was one of those sleep overs, that as a girl you always dream about having. There were no parents, and we did not have to worry about bothering anyone. It really was a sleep over dream party come true. Plus all of the mattresses covering the floor made it like a little trampoline through out our living room. In the picture up above is; (starting from the bottom left) Jessica, Me (Katy), Sarah; (Middle left) Sage (adopted roommate, she does not live with us) and Maddy; (top) Kaitlin
This is part of the sleepover sort of became Charlie's Angel's.... but only for a brief second. It is Maddy (far left); Katy (me); and Jessica (far right)! Hilarious posing.
The mattresses, we stacked into a pile so it was 6 mattresses all in the corner. It was so funny because we would all jump on them and when we would try to get off, and the mattresses would basically topple over on to us, while we were on the floor. But then there is people like me who, when your roommates are on the mattresses, you pull the mattresses off, or just try and tip the whole pile.

And again just more roommate fun. We were on our way to another building on campus so that we could play sardines. Sardines is kind of the opposite of hide and go seek. Basically one person goes to hide and then the rest of the group counts and then goes out to find them. Once someone finds them, that person hides with them. This happens until everyone has found them. It was really fun and there was a huge group of us, probably about 20 of us were playing and then some.

Also this semester my roommates and I and about 11 other girls decided that as a group we wanted to go to the Sadie Hawkins Dance that was being held on campus. So we all asked a guy and then decided that we would all pick a "famous couple" and then make some shirts and go as that couple. For example there was Sallie and Lightning McQueen; Robin Hood and Maid Marian; Beauty and the Beast. It was a great time and we all had so much fun.

We all had a ton of fun! We just made the date for 2 nights. One night so that we could decorate the shirts and then the next night we had dessert and then meet up with the rest of the people that were going in our ward, and then went on to the dance, where we danced, for what felt like all night. It really was a night on the town, with our glow in the dark shirts!

3 comments:

  1. Katy! Your blog is AMAZING! I love it! :) Josh is a little jealous of the bear cub, and I'm completely jealous of the totally girl sleepover you had. I hope you tipped them all over on that mattress! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my reaction to finding out that you had a blog. "Wow, Katy has a blog; maybe she didn't tell me about it because it's only for her family. Wait, I'm her brother." That's right I had to find out that you had a blog through my wife. Thanks.

    On a happier note, your blog looks good. I'm glad you appear to have had a fun semester; it looks like you have had some fun times. I would have enjoyed Vegas; perhaps I could have played some Texas hold-em Poker. You better plan on visiting me next year for the Steelhead season, I think you'd enjoy catching a fish; maybe not the waiting part, but the catching. --josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I am a little jealous about that bear cub.

    ReplyDelete