Wednesday, March 11, 2009

California/Nevada Trip

Well like I said school has just been really busy this year. But it has also been a ton of fun I feel like have done so much this semester, and the semester is just barely half over. But in February me an my roommate and some other friends decided that we wanted to take a road trip. BUT!! not just any road trip... we took our 3-Day weekend and turned it into a 4-Day weekend and went to LAS VEGAS!! and SAN DIEGO!!! We had so much fun, but our first "big" pit stop was in Mesquite, Nevada where we stopped for dinner, it was just a break on our way to Las Vegas!! The picture was while we were waiting in line for dinner, in a casino... of course.




After Mesquite, it was time for VEGAS!!! yea baby!! We decided that we would walk the strip, and just hang out for a few hours. While walking around we actually got a little lost in the MGM grand but eventually found our way out and then we were on our way. Except then we saw these really nice cars... which of course we had to take pictures by.


Then on to the Bellagio hotel!! I have always wanted to see the Bellagio Hotel, and since we were in Vegas, we might as well.


But it turned out that the Water show which we were also going to go see, was right in front of the Bellagio Hotel. Go figure!

This is all of us that decided to go on this trip. Granted we were all squished into the car but it did not really matter to any of us because we were getting out of Rexburg (extremely small), into Vegas, and San Diego! And for me and my roommate this was the first time that we had ever been to Vegas, and San Diego. Personally I would not mind going back to visit either place.


After my roommate and I finally realized that we were actually going to San Diego we remembered the Temple. It was her favorite Temple and we all wanted to see the temple. Let me just say that the pictures of the San Diego Temple do not do it justice. This temple is SO BIG!! To this day I still cannot get over how BIG the Temple really is.



For this picture below, I had to lay down in order to get that picture. It was the only way to get a feeling for just how tall and grand this temple actually is. I would have gotten a better one but unfortunately I could not go down and lay on the grass. There was a fence around it.



After San Diego we went to a place outside of LA so that 2 of the people on this trip could go jump off a bridge for Valentines Day!! How romantic!! haha... and scary all at the same time!! But in order to get to the place where they were going to jump we had to walk 5 miles into the mountains. We then proceeded to watch our friends put on a harness, step on the other side of the bridge and then we just watched them let themselves go and fall. After that we had to walk back 5 miles in order to get to the car. It turned out to be a very eventful day,


This is my friend, Michelle hanging down there after she finished bouncing everywhere, and was waiting to be pulled up. She was pretty much scared to Death,... luckily she did not die... haha just kidding. But it was very entertaining watching her bouce every where cause she screamed most of the time... I would to! But after she jumped she said that in comparing bungee jumping to sky diving, bungee is a lot more nerve racking and scarier than sky diving.



This is a Church House for the Curch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This building looked so cool that I just had to get a picture of it. Oh and just so you all know, yes this where we went to church at Sunday morning.


Then after Church it was on to the Beach. We could not go to California and not go to the Beach it was just impossible. So while on the beach we walked around and found this little cove. It was so cool! It looked just like that cove that you see in the movie, "The Count of Monte Cristo".



While on the Beach we saw Dolphins!! There were 3 of them. But this was the only picture I could get of them. But it is still proof that we saw Dolphins!!


The Sunset was so pretty. It was like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. Well at least nothing with this much amount of water "under the sunset".


And since we were close to LA we decided that we might as well go to HOLLYWOOD!! While there the only thing that we could afford to do is the Walk of Fame. It was still fun, we just walked all around, and then we saw TINA TURNER'S Star which is so cool. I love her song, What's Love Got to do With It? so of course I had to take a picture.

In all reality this is probably the saddest picture of the whole trip. Only because it symbolizes that our weekend was over and that we had to head back to cold and snowy Rexburg, ID. Don't get me wrong I was happy that I would get to be in my bed that night, we were just not Happy about the weather. We liked Las Vegas and San Diego weather. It was so nice to be in warmth in the middle of Winter.
All in all it was a very eventful and fun trip. We all had so much fun, we just hung out and played and... it was basically like taking a step out of the world and letting go of all your cares. Well at least that is how it was for this weekend. Who knows this one trip may be the start of many new adventures to come!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment