Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yellowstone Trip

So I know it has taken me forever to post on my blog, I just got really busy at the end of the Summer 2009 semester and then I went on a couple of adventures when I got home and then work started, but now worries I am doing my best to give you all an update cause a lot has happened since last summer!!!

So to start off I want to introduce you all to George! My friends and I decided that it would be a fun idea to take a trip to Yellowstone for the Weekend. While there...(we stayed in a boat FYI)... but while we were there we made a few friends. As shown below! Although our new friends were not quite as friendly as you would have hoped but none the less here is one of our many new friends GEORGE!!!
And of course while in Yellowstone you have to go see all of the sights so here we are at one of the many sights to see the River! With me is my friends, starting from the left side of the picture is Kristy, Tasha, Krista, and then me (Katy). It's a lot of K's I know, but that is probably why we all get along so well!
Then this is our attempt to take a picture while Kristy is driving! Just cause we can!! ha ha good times!!! :)
OH this is how close a deer was to our car, hence the car mirror in the picture to show how close this deer was, and NO I did not zoom in to get this picture!
And this one was just to hilarious to not take a picture of! The deers were all over this little town and this was probably the coolest place for them to hang out, because you had the nice stone steps to lay on and a place to lay in the shade. But you have to admit it is extremely funny!!
And then there were the animals on the side of the road! You know the ones that everyone stops for even if you have seen them multiple times that day!! ha ha
And this a wonderful view of Yellowstone Lake with the KKK girls sitting in front. And no we are not racist we do not go around putting burning crosses in peoples yards. We just say the KKK because all of our names start with K!
Oh and this is the FIRST MOOSE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN PERSON!!!! I was so excited! and I know that this is not a really good picture but this is the mom and you can't tell but she has a baby close by her and they are eating their lunch/snack/dinner. But whether or not it is the best picture of a Moose this is still proof that I HAVE SEEN A MOOSE IN PERSON!!!! I am so stoked that I have!! :)
This is a picture of the Grand Tetons and thanks to the zoom on my camera I was able to get a nice close up of all three peaks! Which actually surprises me because this is such a really good picture! Also this is the first time that I have ever been this close to the Tetons.
And of course this is actually on our way leaving Wyoming. Our trip started in Rexburg, Idaho and we went into Yellowstone, and basically toured half of Yellowstone and then returned home but we decided to go through Jackson Hole, Wyoming! Which happened to be my first time visiting Jackson Hole.
So in all this was a very eventful trip. I was able to sleep in a Boat for the first time, I saw a Moose in person for the first time, went to Jackson Hole for the first time. All in all another eventful trip full of firsts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment