Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C Trip

Well I am back to blogging again! I am not really good at keeping this blog updated, but I am trying my best. So anyway I am gonna try and get you all up to speed with what is going on in my life! Wish me luck!! :)

So last year after the summer semester finished I took a little trip which landed me in Sterling Virginia. Which happens to be where my Uncle and his family live. That is the first time I have been out east to see my cousins and Aunt and Uncle in like 17 Years...... then again it was hard to go visit them while they were living in South America. So I went and just hung out and had a good time!

One of the first places we went was Ocean City, Maryland. And in case you can't tell the sign in the picture below says Welcome to Maryland.


So here we are on the Board Walk (Under the Board Walk well be having some fun Under the Board Walk..... that song is gonna be stuck in your head now huh?) Well anyway as we went wandering on the board walk we saw this. I thought it was pretty cool, It is a special kind of Art.


Then there is the Ocean! I mean who goes to Ocean City and does not see the Ocean, that is just retarded. But anyway here is the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. I guess you could say that 2009 was a pretty busy year for me considering I was able to travel from Coast to Coast in 1 year. I consider myself pretty lucky.


And some of the things that I saw in Ocean City were pretty cool, I mean you have all of the different stores that are along the board walk and all of the restaurants and of course the amusement Park. It was cool! One of the coolest stores that I saw was this kite store which had some pretty impressive kites if I do say so myself.


Then of course there were Sand Castles! And you know those people from the East Coast make some pretty impressive Sand Castles, but if you don't believe me just take a look at the picture for yourself.



Well now it's back to Virginia! On the way home I saw the Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Washington D.C.


I also went and saw some of the monuments, During the Day................


Air Force Memorial

Side View of the Pentagon

George Washington's House/Farm


And at Night......

New Mexico is written on this pillar



Theodore Roosevelt and his Dog


Abraham Lincoln




I also got to see the Changing of the Guard which is in Arlington Cemetery. There is a grave (I guess you would also call it a monument) which is dedicated to those soldiers who have no name or who were never identified, but who died fighting for our country, This way their names may not be known but they are always remembered for the service that they have given their country. It was a very special ceremony.



All in all it was a pretty eventful Trip. I got to see many monuments as you all can tell, which was just incredible especially to remember and learn about the history of the USA! BUT the best part of the trip and the whole reason for the trip was getting to spend time with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins!!! It was an awesome trip!!! :)

Cousin Tazh, Aunt Keats, and Keat's mom

Cousins Reese and Tazh

My Uncle Michael and me............. by the way my Uncle Michael is my Dad's younger brother!

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun! Glad you are blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Cute!!! I remember that couch right behind you and Uncle Michael. That is the couch that uncle michael set me down and told me that He's never met somebody more perfect for matt then me, and If i'm feeling frustrated about how long it was taking matt to commit, that I should hold on and be patient!!! Glad I took his advice!!!

    ReplyDelete